We operate a Local Family History Resource Centre which is housed in the old Woodend Court House in Forest Street Woodend. The original 1870's building provides areas for visiting researchers, a library and a separate audiovisual room. A secure storage room was added in 1997 and in 2007, a large volunteers work room and two additional storage areas and updated kitchen. The Centre is well equipped with 15 computers, 3 microfilm reader/printers, microfiche readers and appropriate storage units. The DHS is actively involved in the local community and has an ongoing commitment to encouraging an interest and enjoyment of local history through various activities, meetings excursions and publications.
An extensive collection of documents, photographs, audiotapes, maps or books which are fully indexed using our own specially designed software. Holdings include family and property records, microfilmed and digitized local newspapers, indexed shire Rate and Minute books, school, church, cemetery and business records and records pertaining to local organizations and clubs.