Register - Register No. 1, No. 1-11, December 7th 1915 to July 27th 1921
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- Blue register, 11 pages, certificates of marriage, hand-written on parchment.
First entry 7th December 1915. Last entry 27th July 1921.
Loose certificate kept in back flap dated 23rd November 1925.
- H26.8 x W24.2cm
- st-peter-the-mariners-chapel, port-melbourne, missions-to-seamen, mission-to-seafarers-melbourne, marriage-register, the-chapel-of-st-nicholas, victoria-mission-to-seamen, st-james-melbourne
- This is a register of weddings performed at the Mission to Seafarers at the Port Melbourne site. The register names all parties involved including bride, groom, celebrant, witnesses, bride and groom's parents and addresses at the time. It also outlines previous marital status, employment details and other personal details.
- Victorian Government Publication (Maker)
- Historical record of marriages performed at the Mission to Seafarers commencing in 1915.
- Purple stamp in top left-hand corner of a flag with a flying angel.
"From the Mission to Seamen Melbourne"
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM