6 pounder Common Shell
From the Collection of Friends of the Cerberus Inc Seaworks Maritime Museum 82 Nelson Place Williamstown Victoria
- Cylindrical steel shell with cone shaped nose.
- Length = 8.5383 inches (218 mm) Diameter = 2 inches (50 mm)
- common shell, hotchkiss, 6 pounder, ammunition
- Nordenfelt Six pounder quick firing guns were used by land and naval forces to counter torpedo boats.
- Hotchkiss (Maker)
- The projectile and its shell casing are of the type and age used by the Victorian Naval Forces but could equally have been used by the land forces.
- On side -
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM