black and white photograph - HMS Hood
From the Collection of Phillip Island RSL Sub Branch 225-243 Thompson Ave Cowes Victoria
- Black and White photograph of HMS Hood under way. Crew are lined up from bow to stern for leaving harbour.
- 155cm high by 270cm wide
- hood, hms, world war ii, royal navy
- HMS Hood was one of the most powerful ships in the Royal Navy during ww2.
She was sunk by the German Battleship Bismark with a loss of all hands on board.
- The main threat of the Bismark was to allied convoys, so an all out bid was made to find and sink her. Unfortunately she was too powerfull for the HMS Hood
- HMS Hood hand written in white ink just below forward guns controller
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM