Day Book - Book
From the Collection of Heathcote McIvor Historical Society 19 Herriot Street Heathcote Victoria
- Day book, oblong, leather cover,
- day book routledge, brothers
- Believed to be long to Routledge Brothers who ran a general store business in heathcote. They also owned a sawmill and quartz crushing battery.
- one of three books donated to the Museum, were found by the donors father back in the late 1960's while he was working on renovations to a building in heathcote these books had been thrown onto a pile of builders rubble, he retrieved them. when he passed away some years later his son found them while clearing out his effects, have travel through several house changes till 2010 when the son was doing a cleanup and the books were found again he contacted the Historic Society, date back to first settlement of Heathcote, inside writing is in excellient condition, as if it were written yeaterday. give a daily account of purchases by locals.gives us an insight into persons living and working in Heathcote McIvor district. Not many early items of this era left .
- Day book gold blocked on front cover
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM