From the Collection of Red Cliffs Military Museum Jamieson Ave Red Cliffs Victoria
- Brown leather satchell,embossed with Australian flora and forna, front, back and under flap, there is a carry handle on the top. The front features two Kookaburra like birds, under the flap is a Kangaroo and butterfly and folliage on the back. The seams and handle are hand sewn with 2.5mm leather lacing, and there are press studs to hold the flap closed. There are two internal pockets, stitched with fine cotton thread and the stitching is only visable from the inside.
- 190mm H X 250mm L X 40mm W
- satchell leather, embossed leather, native flora, native fauna, past rsl president, j g murphy, hand made leather work, middle east hospital craft, past presidents, life members, rsl, middle east
- This item of meorabilia was made by J.G.Murphy while he was hospitalised in the Middle East during the 2nd World War. He later became President of the Red Cliffs RSL and a Life Member of the League for service rendered.
- (estimated); World War 2
- J.G.Murphy (Hospitalized soldier craft)
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM