From the Collection of Red Cliffs Military Museum Jamieson Ave Red Cliffs Victoria
- Aluminium Mess tin set, 2 rectangular tins one smaller to fit into larger.
Inscriptions engraved on 4 sides containing locations of training, ships and battle areas. Additional markings include year of manufacture and company along with Department of Defence broad arrow.
Item is stamped metal with wire handle on the large tin. Wire carry handle missing on smaller tin.
- 59mm H x 191mm L x 136mm W
- darwin, world war two, pan set messing, mess tins, aluminium, 2nd aif, 8th battalion, vx52576, pte, mckenzie, c mckenzie, 1939, c b ltd, 1941 1945, 19th australian infantry training battalion, b company, 21st august 1941, finchaven, wandecla, cairns, brisbane
- This is part of a collection donated by Mrs Margaret McKenzie that belonged to her husband and was issued to him during the Second World War, the mess tins were marked with names of places, ships and battle locations. Other items include a postcard sent home in August 1941 and a photo of Australian troops on parade at Wewak in August 1945
- 1939 (exact)
- C&B. Ltd. (Maker)
- "Inscription on base of mess tin large. 'DARLEY ALBANY/ SYDNEY/ PERTH/ TRINCOMALEE:CEYLON/ PORT TUFIC/ SUEZ CANAL/ EL CANTARA/ GAZA/ JERUSALEM/ HIFA TELAVIV/ BETHALEM/ BAYROUTA/ JUDEDES FIAKE/
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM