Tea Cosy - Patchwork Tea Cosy
From the Collection of Ararat & District Historical Society (operating the Langi Morgala Museum) 48 Queen Street Ararat Victoria
- Cotton handstitched half circle tea cosy, hexagon patchwork in multi-patterned cotton. Padded, pink lining with mauve flowered frill over the top of joining seam. Loop sewn to inside.
- H23cm * W33cm
- handicraft, patchwork, sewing, tea-cosy, handiwork
- This tea cosy was made in 1930 by Miss Beatrice Symons of Creswick and Ararat. The templates for the hexagonal shaped patches were made of metal. The lining is of newspaper enclosed in cotton. Every part is handstitched including the joining of the hexagonal patches.
- Miss Beatrice Symons (Maker)
- The donor of this item has not yet been established. Given the details found on an old label (see Historical Information above), this may yet be established, and the maker verified. At present the significance of the tea cosy is measured in its beauty, and in its artistic worth.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM