Demi-john - stoneware
From the Collection of Orbost & District Historical Society Ruskin Street Orbost Victoria
- Large cream-coloured demi-john with screw top lid with rubber seal. Cylindrical body with domed shoulder, screw stoneware stopper. Handle from shoulder to neck.
- H - 450mm C - 215mm
- demijohn tomlinson-connie container-commercial stoneware ceramics
- Large demijohn donated by Tomlinson, Connie Miss) daughter of Tomlinson, John (Mr) who worked in Temple's then Herbert's store, then his own business - very keen worker for starting Orbost Hospital. Father was also secretary of Loyal Orbost Lodge for 21 years.Miss Tomlinson owned Connort (now Moogji building) and worked as a secretary at the Orbost Shire Council.
- C1920's -1930's
- NOXO Products Pty Ltd
- This item is an example of an early 20th century ceramic container. The Tomlinson family was a prominent Orbost family in the early to mid 20th century.
- NOXO Products Pty Ltd Melbourne
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM