Photograph - Conversation in Celia Little Room
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- The image depicts a group of people in the foreground of the Celia Little Room at Mission to Seafarers Melbourne. A Priest is sitting to the left of a table with a number of tea cups and saucers. There is a man sitting in the middle with his arms crossed with his elbows on the table. A lady sits to the right of the table and she is holding a cup and saucer. Another man is sitting between the lady and the man with his arms crossed, he is bald. There are two men in the background who appear to be reading, one man is partially blocked from view by the man at the table with his arms crossed. The walls are timber lined.
- 13 cm x 9.3 cm
- table, tea, reverend, reading, mission-to-seafarers-melbourne, celia-little-room, priest, wains-coting, flinders-street
- This photograph is a snapshot of how the Celia Little Room was used in the late 1950s, and the people who visited the Mission to Seafarers Melbourne at the time.
- The Mission to Seafarers Melbourne is a place of respite for visiting seafarers since 1917. The image shows a particular point in history in the Celia Little Room at the Mission, where the services provided to seafarers are being used.
- The reverse side of the photograph in the top right corner is an "O" with what appears to be a "9" in the middle of the "O".
- 5 Oct 2018 at 2:59PM