This lamp was the light source for the projector which was operated at Dunkeld and the wider district during the 1920's and 30's. The company which operated it was called Royal Pictures and showede their films in district halls. Owned by Claude Taylor and Reuben Schache. The projector was hand operated. Films were also shown outside on a large screen outside the Royal Mail Hotel.
Metal carbon arc lamp. 6 Adjustor screws to adjust the rods to strike and hold the carbon arc. These rods allow adjustment and totation of the carbon rods which hold the arc. Brass feferrules are used for fine adjustments. Hand wheels are insulated to protect the operator. This arc lamp produced the light for a movie projector.
Inscriptions & markings