Memorial Window: John Edward BENNETT - Crucifixion "I, if I be lifted up from the earth/ will draw all men unto me"
From the Collection of Christ Church Anglican Parish of Warrnambool 230 Koroit Street Corner of Koroit Street and Henna Street Warrnambool Victoria
- Stained glass memorial lancet window, central light, west wall, north nave, depicting the crucifixion of Jesus.
- 3.6m x .53m
- memorial stained glass window lancet window bennett je bennett john edward bennett warrnambool woollen mill
- John Edward Bennett was born in Leeds, Yorkshire, 1862. He was devoted to his family and his church, being a churchwarden and a verstryman of this Parish. He was a lay preacher for 40 years in the Dioceses of Melbourne and Ballarat. He was the first Manager of the Warrnambool Woollen Mill.
He died on Nov 10th 1928.
- Brooks , Bennett & Co (Maker)
- He was the first manager of Warrnambool Woollen Mill.
- To the Glory of God and in loving memory of/John Edward Bennett/ sometime Churchwarden and Vestryman of this Parish, and for/40 years a Lay Reader in the Dioceses of Melbourne and/ Ballarat, born in Leeds, Yorkshire, 1862, entered into rest Nov 10th, 1928/ A devoted husband and father,/ a faithful servant of God and His Church/Not slothful in business, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM