The Ballarat Teachers' College opened at Dana Street Primary School in 1926. From 1927-1931 it was conducted at the Ballarat East Town Hall. Returning to Dana Street Primary School in 1946 to 1955, and eventually was held in a costume built facility in Gillies street from 1955 to 1976. In 1976 pre-service teacher training was moved to the Ballarat College of Advanced Education at Mt Helen Campus. This image was hung in the corridor of the School of Education (Mount Helen). It most probably dates from around the time of the transfer of Ballarat Teachers' College to the Mount Helen Campus of the Ballarat College of Advanced Education.
Framed black and white photograph with green mount. The photograph shows the Former Ballarat East Town Hall during the era it was used as the Ballarat Teachers' College
Inscriptions & markings
On a plaque ' Ballarat Teachers' College, Barkly Street, 1927-1931, (Formerly Ballarat East Town Hall)