Memorial Window: Susan FLEETWOOD - "Saint Mary"
From the Collection of Christ Church Anglican Parish of Warrnambool 230 Koroit Street Corner of Koroit Street and Henna Street Warrnambool Victoria
- Stained glass lancet window, west wall, north nave, second light from the left in the group of five lights, Depicting the Blessed Virgin Mary facing towards the central light of the Crucifixion, the predominant colours are blues and purple/magenta. Towards the top of the design is an angel holding the Alpha symbol. At the peak of the design is a golden crown.
- 2.9m x .44m
- rutledge, fleetwood, st mary
- The inscription tells of the person, Susan Fleetwood.
- That Susan Fleetwood was the daughter of William Rutledge, and the wife of Thomas Falkner Fleetwood places her with two men of historical importance in Warrnambool and district.
- To the Glory of God, and in loving memory of/ Susan, daughter of William and Eliza Rutledge/ of Farnham Park Dennington, and wife of/Thomas Falkner Fleetwood/ born at Port Fairy, July 9th 1848, Entered into rest April 18th 1932./ By her devoted affection to her family and friends, and/ her generous help to all who were in need and distress/ she won the love and gratitude of many./ "Then are they glad because they are at rest, and so/ He bringeth them into the haven where they would be."/ This window is erected by her Son and Daughter.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM