Book. St John's Anglican Church, Ballan. - St. John's Anglican Church Ballan. Index to Register of Baptisms 1849 -1991.
From the Collection of Ballan Shire Historical Society 45-47 Steiglitz St Ballan Victoria
- An A4 size book which is a collection of loose pages stapled, with cardboard covers and a brown tape spine binding. About 250 pages of transcribed, photocopied index cards. Book No.105.
- 29.5 cm H x 21 cm W x 2 cm D
- VBSH 01098
- ballan, baptism records, anglican church, st johns anglican church
- The book is a collection of index cards transcribed from the Register of Baptisms from 1849 to 1991 at the St. John's Anglican Church in Ballan. These cards were then photocopied ten to a page and assembled and bound into this book.
The book contains Volume 1 A -K and Volume 2 L -Z and the wording on the Title Page "This is a copy of the transcription, which was completed by Roy Huggins and a team of volunteers at Ballan. Acknowledgment is given to The Rector without whose permission the project could not have been completed. March 1991."
- The book is significant in that it contains a complete register of Baptisms conducted at the Church from 1849 to 1991 in alphabetical order.
This is of significance to family researchers and makes a search of the records much easier.
- Pencil markings - Book No.105. Reg No. VBSH 01098
- 31 Jan 2016 at 3:10PM