Map. Ballan Township. - Plan of Ballan Township in the Counties of Bourke and Grant.
From the Collection of Ballan Shire Historical Society 45-47 Steiglitz St Ballan Victoria
- A map showing the township and surrounding area of Ballan in 1856. Town streets are named as are the owners of the subdivided blocks of land.
The map is a lithocopy and there is a scale in chains.
- 59.5 cm H x 42 cm W
- VBSH 00916
- ballan, ballan township map, ballan1856
- The map is an early one of the township of Ballan showing street names and land owners.
- The map is significant in that it lists the owners of the house blocks within the township.
- "D D Fraser" is written across the top of the map and "1856" is written in the near top right corner.
There are other additions to the map but they are very difficult to decipher accurately or completely.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM