Newspaper clipping - Historians fight for historic tree by Anna Whitelaw
From the Collection of Greensborough Historical Society 34 Glenauburn Road Lower Plenty Lower Plenty Victoria
- A4 printout of article from Banyule and Nillumbik Weekly. Colour photograph and text
- john batman, batman apple tree, flintoff family, greensborough historical society, noel withers, dennis ward
- Greensborough Historical Society are calling for a 170 year old apple tree once owned by John Batman to be given heritage protection.
- Banyule and Nillumbik Weekly (Maker)
- The "Batman apple tree' in Greensborough is believed to be the last existing tree from those brought to Victoria from Tasmania by John Batman. The tree was planted on the present site by the Flintoff family in 1841.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:13AM