Bricks - Hand made bricks from Partington house (Willis Vale) Greensborough
From the Collection of Greensborough Historical Society 34 Glenauburn Road Lower Plenty Victoria
- Hand made clay bricks. light red in colour. All faces are flat.. One brick is chipped.
- willis vale, partington family, greensborough, alan partington
- Bricks from "Willis Vale' home of the Partington family of Greensborough. Built in 1840, Willis Vale was owned by the Partington family from 1878 to 1947. It was a 2 storey house overlooking the Plenty River and set in 150 acres of farmland. The Partingtons moved out in 1947 and the house was vandalised shortly after. It was demolished in the 1950s.
- The bricks are a link to pioneer homes and farms in the area.
- Accompanying note: Hand made bricks from Partington house in Greensborough. Donated by Alan Partington.
- 20 Dec 2017 at 5:41PM