Letter - Letter to Lillie from Julius Kokx
From the Collection of Mission to Seafarers Victoria 717 Flinders Street Docklands Victoria
- Letter addressed to Miss Lillian Duncan, 11 Paxton St, East Malvern, Melbourne, Australia from J. Kokx, U.S.S. Medusa, c/o Postmaster San Francisco, 5th Div - California consisting of six parts:
Part 0097.1 Envelope
Part 0097.2 Small certificate
Part 0097.3 Letter page 1
Part 0097.4 Letter page 2
Part 0097.5 Letter page 3
Part 0097.6 Letter page 4
The back of the small certificate reads "This is a small copy of of the big certificate we got"
- H8.6 x W13.4 (Envelope), H6 x W9.7 (Small certificate), H26 x W20 (Pages)
- The "letters to Lillie" show the international nature of the Mission to Seafarers. They are an important display of the handwriting style of the time, revealing courting attempts and give us an insight into life in 1925.
- October 4 1925
- Lillie Duncan was a member of the Harbour Lights Guild and this letter forms part of a collection of letters sent to her by different seafarers.
- The envelope has three stamps, two 2 cent stamps (red) and one 1 cent stamp (green). All are United States Postage stamps. The 1 cent stamp reads Franklin under the image of a head and the two 2 cent stamps read Washington under the image of a head.
- 20 Aug 2020 at 5:32PM