Memorial Plaque: Frederick Stephen STEVENS
From the Collection of Christ Church Anglican Parish of Warrnambool 230 Koroit Street Corner of Koroit Street and Henna Street Warrnambool Victoria
- Ornately decorated, coloured and inscribed brass plaque within an oak frame. Red and blue colouring within the design elements and lettering.
- 53mm x 375mm
- fp stevens, fs stevens, german bells, german bells melbourne exhibition 1881
- The bells presented to Christ Church were brought to Melbourne for the 1881 Melbourne Exhibition where they were awarded 1st prize. Frederick Perkins Stevens several years later also provided the three stained glass windows above the main altar within the church as a memorial to his first wife, Jane, FS Stevens' mother.
- Late 19th Century
- CG Roeszler Sc Melbourne; WJ Hickford Warrnambool
- The plaque acknowledges the loss of a son, the provision of the three bells and the status of the donor.
- The Three Bells erected / in this Tower were / presented to Christ Church warrnambool by FP Stevens / Member for Villiers & Heytesbury / of the Legislative Council of / Victoria 1852 / In Memory of his younger Son / FS Stevens who died at his Station / Tintinchilla Queensland / 26th May 1880 Aged 30 Years
- 28 Mar 2012 at 6:17PM