Framed Painting - S. T. Wattle
From the Collection of Bay Steamers Maritime Museum Restoration Site - 19 South Wharf. Enter off Lorimer Street, near Bolte Bridge pylon. Docklands 3008 Victoria
- Oil painting of the Steam Tug Wattle after conversion to a passenger-carrying vessel.The port side of the ship is shown in an open water landscape, and is moving towards the left hand edge of the frame
- 60 cm X 38 cm
- oil painting, passenger vessel, tourists, wattle, painting, bay steamers maritime museum, port phillip bay
- This is an oil painting of the Steam Tug Wattle after conversion to a passenger carrying vessel. She was a popular tourist outing for people in the Port Philip Bay area. This painting shows that Wattle was appreciated as a historic vessel, a fun mode of transportation and that there was some appeal to seeing images in her likeness such as this painting.
- David Carden (Oil Painter)
- The painting is signed in the bottom right hand corner " '98 David Carden"
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM