Photograph - Willis Vale 1906, taken from the hill
From the Collection of Greensborough Historical Society 34 Glenauburn Road Lower Plenty Victoria
- Links: 00272:01632
Professional photograph in sepia mounted on dark green card. Shows Greensborough township in background with Willis Vale homestead in centre.
- willis vale, partington family, greensborough, alan partington
- 'Willis Vale' home of the Partington family is shown in this photograph as well as the area now known as Partington's Flat. The area was owned and farmed by the Partington family from the 1870s. The derelict Willis Vale house was destroyed c1966 when a fire originating from North Plenty Gorge - Kurrak Road - lit by two teenage boys - made its way several kilometres down to Partington's Flat Greensborough.
- H. W. Broissien (Photographic Studio)
- Photograph shows an early view of Greensborough in 1906.
- On back: A.M.Partington Greensborough 1906.
- 18 Jan 2018 at 5:12PM