Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Folder and compact disc - Simpson Army Barracks

From the Collection of Greensborough Historical Society 34 Glenauburn Road Lower Plenty Lower Plenty Victoria

Black spiral bound folder (approx. 32 pages) with accompanying compact disc. Colour illustrations and maps. Updated 2016 in Word document.
Attached Files
Object Registration
simpson army barracks, watsonia barracks, yallambie, marilyn smith, watsonia
Historical information
This document is the result of research into the history of Watsonia Barracks (now Simpson Barracks) by GHS member Marilyn Smith. It details the origin of street names in the surrounding area and includes biographical information on those after whom the streets were named. Updated December 2016.
When Made
The Watsonia Barracks has been in use since WW2 and is today home to the Defence Force School of Signals. It was built on the property formerly owned by Ainslie Meares. In 1951, surrounding land was purchased for the extension of the barracks. The suburb of Yallambie was formerly part of the Barracks.

Last updated
6 Nov 2017 at 1:39PM