Regulations - Providence House Regulations, Cockatoo Victoria
From the Collection of Cockatoo History & Heritage Group Cockatoo Victoria
- Framed regulations for the Presbyterian Church of Victoria's Providence House in Cockatoo.
- 230mm x 460mm
- providence house, cockatoo victoria, presbyterian church, regulations
- The Presbyterian Church owned three lots of land bounded by Pakenham Road and the northern side of Dorchester Road, between 1927 and 1964. Providence House opened in 1927 as a peaceful country rest home for “tired mothers” from the inner suburbs, and their children. It was also used, at different times, for kindergarten groups and in 1955 for a girls Bible Class for Easter “studies, fun and fellowship.”
- Cockatoo had several guest houses which took paying guests. Providence House did not charge fees, but is the best-documented of the large houses which provided accommodation.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM