Article - Batman Apple Tree
From the Collection of Greensborough Historical Society 34 Glenauburn Road Lower Plenty Victoria
- A4 photocopies of 3 articles relating to the condition and origin of the "Batman Apple Tree", located on the eastern bank of the Plenty River, north of Greensborough.
- apples, john batman, robert whatmough, frederick nevin flintoff, plenty river, 1841, rome beauty, rymer apples, winter majetin, apollo parkways primary school
- Details some versions of the history of the 'Batman Apple Tree'. Also the condition and lack of maintenance of the tree in 2002. Highlights Nillumbik Shire's ignorance of the existence of the tree; which is within one kilometre of the Nillumbik Shire Offices.
- Apollo Parkways Primary school (Education)
- It is possibly the oldest European planted tree in Victoria. It was planted as a young tree in 1841.
- Blue pen annotations on one article.
- 13 Apr 2018 at 10:11AM