Barkly Street, Ararat, ca early20C - Barkly Street, Ararat, perhaps early20C
From the Collection of Ararat & District Historical Society (operating the Langi Morgala Museum) 48 Queen Street Ararat Victoria
- This is in postcard format, probably a copy of a hand-coloured original. It is not in very good condition, but some important details are discernable.
- barkly-street, ararat, horse, horse-drawn, business, buildings, commercial
- This photo is taken from a standpoint used by other photographers, so a comparison can be made of successive photos to illustrate the growth of Ararat over the years. It shows businesses and public buildings.
- This early20C or thereabouts photo of Barkly Street Ararat can be compared to several others in the Langi Morgala collection to formulate a picture of Ararat over the decades. It is not a particularly clear photo, but it is clear enough to enable such comparisons, and so is of regional significance.
- On front: "Barkly Street Ararat". On back: museum stamp and photo numbers.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM