Erection of staff quarters at Pretty Valley was completed in April, 1947 and accommodation for construction workers commenced in 1948 but suspended on 11th May for winter and resumed on 9th November. Construction of this camp was completed in 1949. A large dam was proposed at this site but was never constructed. Instead a small diversion dam was built which diverts water either to Rocky Valley Dam or to McKay Creek Power Station.
An historical record of the type of accommodation provided for workmen during the construction of the Kiewa Hydro Scheme during the 1940's/50's.
A black and white photograph of Pretty Valley Camp, c 1949. Dead trees are in the foreground, on both the left and right side of the photograph and a small snow gum is evident. There are camp huts and a much larger building behind these, possibly a workshop, and power poles are evident bringing electricity to the site.
Inscriptions & markings
Handwritten in blue ink on back of photograph "Pretty Valley Camp. 5600 ft. above sea level".