Handwritten notes on paper
From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 1 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Handwritten notes in pencil on paper, with names of six cows and milk quantities, morning and evening, and butterfat. Dated 14th September 1944. Assumed author Harry Jenkins.
- 14cm width, 21.3 cm length
- harry jenkins, churchill island, farm, cows, milk, quantities, dairy, jenkins
- Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artefacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973.
- 14 September, 1944 approx
- The note demonstrates Harry Jenkins' interest in the farm and thorough approach to farming. It also provides information on farming of the era.
- 7 Sep 2017 at 6:28PM