Historical information

This hut came from the Tangil goldfields, and was in use around 1900, the home of two miners on an old field. The township of Tangil came into being above what is now the Blue Rock Dam, about 1867.

Physical description

A small, rectangular bark hut with a bark roof. The fireplace and chimney are made of corrugated iron with stone base. It has a timber framework.