Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973.
Demonstrates involvement with local community
Donation receipt from Warley Bush Nursing Hospital Cowes, Phillip Island, No. 3522, received from Churchill Island Family in sum of 50 pounds for a bed, dated 21.5.1962
Inscriptions & markings
21.5.196, Churchill Island Family, fifthy [pounds], Donation - Bed, 50, [signed] M.J. Beaton