Periodical - The Australian Farm & Home, VOL. LI No. 4
From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 246 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Paper periodical publication 'The Australian Farm & Home', Journal of The Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria, VOL. LI-No.4, April 30, 1942, containing an article 'The Churchill Stud' by Capt. E.W. Dixon
- 21.8cm width, 27.5cm length
- the australian farm & home, journal of the royal agricultural society of victoria, the churchill stud, dairy shorthorn, capt. e.w. dixon, harry jenkins, churchill island
- Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973.
- April, 1942 approx
- The Hilton Press Ltd
- Demonstrates Harry Jenkins interest and involvement in farming and cattle.
- 'Mrs. Jenkins' [front page, left hand side], 'Printed Matter Only. Mr. Ted Jenkins, Churchill Island via Newhaven', [back cover, left hand side]
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM