From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 1 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Typed letter on Department of Agriculture, Victoria letterhead, addressed to Mr. E.H. Jenkins, regarding improvement of pasture land at Churchill Island, signed 'R.L. Twentyman,' Agrostologist, dated 9th April, 1941
- 20.4cm width, 25.5cm length
- department of agriculture, mr. e.h. jenkins, harry jenkins, churchill island, farm
- Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973.
- 1941 approx
- The document demonstrates Harry Jenkins interest and committment to farming and provides information on farming of the era.
- R.L. Twentyman [bottom right hand corner]
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM