Historical information

Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973


This letter demonstrates Harry Jenkins committment to farming at Churchill Island.

Physical description

Typed paper letter on Department of Agriculture letterhead, to Mr. H. Jenkins, dated 1st May, 1942, enclosing report with recommendations on visit to Churchill Island. Signed A.C.T. Heweitt, Live Stock Science Officer

Inscriptions & markings

A.C.T. Hewitt [bottom right hand corner]