Stories Organisations Projects About Login

Handwritten notes on paper

From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 246 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria

Pencil notes regarding Churchill Island ownership from 1879 to 1937. Author unknown
20.5cm width, 26.5cm length
Object Registration
churchill island ownership, chruchill island, amess, jenkins, farm, notes, handwritten
Historical information
Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973
When Made
1940s approx
Made By
Tullis (Maker)
This document provides information regarding Churchill Island ownership.
Inscriptions & Markings
TULLIS BOND MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN [watermark - bottom of page, rear]
Last updated
16 Jun 2020 at 12:54PM