Handwritten notes on paper
From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 246 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Notes handwritten in pencil on paper regarding fertilizer amounts in 100 weight bags per paddock, 11 paddocks. Dated 1959. Assumed to be written by Harry Jenkins
- 13.7cm width, 21.2cm length
- fertilizer, paddock, farm, churchill island, harry jenkins
- Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973.
- 1959 approx
- The document demonstrates Harry Jenkins interest and committment to farming on Churchill Island and provides information on farming of the era.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM