Handwritten notes on paper
From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 1 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Handwritten notesin pencil on paper, regarding fertilizing farm. Assumed to be written by Harry Jenkins
- 20.2cm width, 25.3cm length
- farming, fertilizer, churchill island, harry jenkins, jenkins, farm, handwritten, notes
- Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973.
- This document demonstrates Harry Jenkins interest and commitment to farming at Churchill Island and provides information on farming of the era.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:10AM