Pietro Lucini owned the building on the right in the attached photograph. He operated a general store here prior to building a new building opposite this site. He was involved in gold mining activities in the early settlement of Spring Creek, now known as Hepburn Springs. Dr Francesco operated a store in building on left.
A document and photograph glued on cardboard.
Miner's Right, No. 7351. Glued on cardboard.
A separate photograph of two early stores at early Jim Crow diggings, now Hepburn Springs.
Inscriptions & markings
Text at bottom of photograph, " First hotel and store built at Jim Crow Diggins Daylesford. Now known as Hepburn Springs. These buildings are still standing at rear of "Golf Club Hotel. Photo Miner's Right donated by Mr J Bramwell Officer in charge of Kew Fire Station. Sept 1936".
Back of cardboard has the following writing; "Donated by Mr J Bramwell Officer in Charge of Fire Station, Walton St. Kew. Sept 1936", "Donated by Beryl Jean Frame (per Mrs.R.Bland Ferntree Gully) 1987", "Box 4", WINGRAM 47 Victoria Road Auburn Melb 1- JAN 1940, Daylesford & District Historical Society.