Furphy Water Cart
From the Collection of Andrew Ross Museum Main Road (Opposite General Store) Kangaroo Ground Victoria
- Water cart invented by John Furphy, who attended Andrew Ross's school between 1851 and 1855, and manufactured by the Furphy Foundry.
- 143cm h x 80cm w
- furphy nixon shepparton kangaroo ground
- Early Australian water cartage system, used originally in agricultural areas, later in theatres of war.
- circa 1900
- Furphy Foundry. (Maker)
- Iconic Australian company who pioneered agricultural equipment.
- Typical 'Good better best' and other words.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM