Furniture - Carvers' chair
From the Collection of Ballarat Clarendon College 1425 Sturt Street Ballarat Victoria
- Solid wood chair with arms and high back rest
- 116H x 56W x 53D
- chair, ballarat-college, memorial-hall, 1925, old-collegians-association
- One of four carvers' chairs supplied by Old Collegians Association in 1925 for the newly erected Memorial Hall. In the 1970s these chairs were in use at the end of each table in MacFarland Dining Hall. Student chairs were similar shape but without crest or arms.
- Significant example of the generosity and involvement of the Old Collegians towards the establishment of the school post World War 1. The OC's supplied three carvers chairs, four dining tables and 40 regular chairs for the memorial Hall, also then known as the memorial Dining Hall. refer Mein's history p.85.
- Initials 'BC" carved at top of back rest
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM