Cast iron seal embossing press - Seal
From the Collection of Wannon Water 25 Gateway Road Warrnambool Victoria
- Small metal machine painted black and mounted onto a black rubber base. Two dies are attached with the seal of Heywood Waterworks Trust. Paper is placed between the dies, the handle depressed and the seal embossed on the paper under pressure as a blind (inkless) embossing. The seal consists of two circles with the wording "Heywood Waterworks Trust".
- H21cm X W6cm X L15cm
- heywood, public administration, water supply, amalgamations
- Heywood Waterworks Trust was constituted on 20 November 1962 upon application by Councillors of the Shire of Portland to construct, manage and maintain the works for the supply of water to the township of Heywood. The Trust was abolished on 1 July 1984 under the Water and Sewerage (Restructuring) Act 1983 when it amalgamated with the Heywood Sewerage Authority to form Heywood Water Board
- Excello (Maker)
- A cast iron seal press, . This was used by Heywood Waterworks Trust to emboss agreements and official documents. Die is still attached to the press. It reads: Heywood Waterworks Trust 1963
- Heywood Waterworks Trust 1963/
Excello / Reg Trade Mark/
Seal Press/ Pat NO 420419/Size No 2/Inscription on rubber base:
"EXCELLO SEAL PRESS" / REGD TRADE MARK / 1. PATENT ROLLER BEARING HANDLE PAT. NO. 420419 / 2. DURABLE PLASTIC COUNTER / 3. RUBBER DESK PROTECTOR / STANDARD RUBBER TYPE CO. LTD. / TOKYO JAPAN"
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM