Historical information

The first Presbyterian gathering was held in Wycheproof in 1876, this led to the organization of a congregation and the building of a church. The first church was in Charles Street on the north side of the Mount. It served the congregation for twenty years. The new church in Mount Street opened 06-09-1896 and after 115 years the doors closed for worship in 2011.


A building of spiritual and social significance to the Presbyterian congregation and wider community of Wycheproof and District for 115 years.

Physical description

Small format sepia print taken between 1912-1937of the Wycheproof Presbyterian Church Complex. Designed on early English lines, the church dated 1896 was built of red-brick with buttresses and decorated cream-brick trimmings. The arched windows are glazed in diamond shaped leadlight. The high pitched roof is of galvanized corrugated iron. The Sunday School Hall 1912, of timber construction with feature trim of arched windows and doors and a galvanized corrugated iron roof. The Manse 1909, of timber construction with galvanized corrugated iron roof and fret-work on the space above the verandah. Iron lace decorates the wooden verandah posts. Fencing: Post and Rail.

Inscriptions & markings

Kodak print /501