Newspaper clipping - Greensborough shopping centre 1970
From the Collection of Greensborough Historical Society 34 Glenauburn Road Lower Plenty Lower Plenty Victoria
- A black and white newspaper clipping featuring an aerial photograph.
- 118mm x 200mm
- greensborough streets, greensborough, aerial photograph, 1970, partington, whatmough park, greensborough swimming pool
- The photograph is of the centre of Greensborough in 1970, prior to the Greensborough Plaza being built. The Partington farm house, named 'Alwyn' (after Alan and Wyn Partington) can be seen north of the Railway Line. Alan and Wyn had to leave this farm in 1976 - moving to a new house - built by son Gary - at 54 Manatunga Circuit - to make way for the creation of Whatmough Park and development of the Hailes Street-The Circuit-Greensborough Plaza precinct.
- Diamond Valley Football League (Football League)
- This is an important visual record of Greensborough before the redevelopment of the late 1970's.
It also shows the Whatmough park area when it was still the Partington family farm.
- 17 Aug 2017 at 4:09PM