Book prize - Poems of Robert Browning
From the Collection of Ballarat Clarendon College 1425 Sturt Street Ballarat Victoria
- Dark green padded and textured calf binding with gold printing and decoration on spine; embossed school crest and bookroom crest on front cover; gold detail to inside edge of cover; marbled end-pages and gilt edge; hinges loose; book plate inside front cover;
- 125mm x 185mm
- minnie-monteith, elspeth-carson, rehfisch, 1921, book-prize, clarendon-presbyterian-ladies-college, presbyterian-book-room
- Book prize awarded to Minnie Monteith for excellence in Violin by Elspeth Carson in 1921. Book donated to the school by Minnie's nephew R H McCarthy of WA in 2013. Minnie also achieved Dux of the school in 1921 and held the role of Head Prefect in 1921. The book prize was provided by Miss Refisch (possibly S Rehfisch who entered the school in 1902.)
This book also displays the crest of the Presbyterian Book Room embossed onto its front cover.
- Humphrey Milford (Maker)
- Minnie was both Dux of the school and Head Prefect in her final year (1921) at CPLC. This book is signed by Principal Elspeth Carson who lead the inaugural year of Clarendon Presbyterian Ladies College (previously Clarendon Ladies College).
- Book plate inside front cover: school crest / Clarendon Presbyterian / Ladies' College / Ballarat / Form VII / Prize Special / Violin / Awarded to / Minnie Monteith / E Carson / Principal / December 1921 / Gift of Miss Rehfisch /
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM