Order of Ceremony - Official Opening of the Cockatoo Community Complex
From the Collection of Cockatoo History & Heritage Group Cockatoo Victoria
- Four page document, including Acknowledgements, Order of Ceremony, Menu and Site Plan of the Cockatoo community Complex
- 20.5 h x 16.5 w
- cockatoo community complex, cockatoo hall, hall opening, cockatoo
- In 1976, the Shire of Pakenham recognising that Cockatoo was the second largest township within the shire, acknowledged requests for the provision of recreation facilities. Council purchased four hectares of land strategically located in the Town Centre and in conjunction with the local community, embarked upon a programme of staged development of the site.
The first stage saw the construction of the kindergarten building which was opened in 1977, followed by the bowling green, tennis courts, netball courts and public toilets.
The Community Complex Building was the final development of the site.
- Saturday 20th November, 1982
- The Cockatoo Community Complex building, was the final stage of the development and was opened on the 20th November 1982. It was a replacement for the old Cockatoo Hall, which had not been renovated since 1936. The old Cockatoo Hall was lost in the Ash Wednesday fires on the 16th February 1983. The community complex played an integral part in the recovery stages after Ash Wednesday.
- Two punctured holes for folder storage
- 26 Nov 2017 at 3:22AM