Dutch Primary School Reader - Derde Leesboekje
From the Collection of Dutch Australian Heritage Centre Victoria 60 Rosstown Road Carnegie Victoria
- Book: "Derde Leesboekje", a soft cover reader used in Dutch Primary schools in the decades around the 2nd World War
- 167 x 210 x 3mm
- aap; noot; mies; reader; primary school
- This reader contains stories about two sisters: Zus and Jet. The "Derde Leesboekje" is the third reader in this series.
- Publishing House: Wolters Noordhoff (Maker), Authors: M B Hoogeveen / Jan Ligthart / H Scheepstra, bewerkt door E A Alderts (Maker)
- The stories in this book and in some of the other readers had as subjects the people, animals and objects used in the "aap, noot, mies" reading board shown as item number 6389. The reading boards and readers were used in the Netherlands for a long time (from many years before WW II, till the late 1960s) to teach reading and spelling.
- some silverfish type damage on front and back cover
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM