Dutch military field uniform
From the Collection of Dutch Australian Heritage Centre Victoria 60 Rosstown Road Carnegie Victoria
- Dutch military field uniform made from heavy greenish material: (1) short jacket and (2) pants
- jacket - size 48 1/4, pants - ca 1090mm (l) 83mm (girdle).
- uniform army
- Part of the small collection of uniforms in DAHC's possession. Like most of these uniform this one stems from the 1950-ies. The shoulder insigne indicate a "Genie" division (Engineering Corps).
- Many of the 1950's period uniforms came from people that had been discharched after having served in the Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia) during the Indonesian War of Independence.
- Short jacket (brass, insect eye - like button on each collar, St Joris (St George) patch on shoulder straps, "Prins Alexander" on sleeves, Dutch army emblem with "Je Maintiendrai", the Dutch national motto, on left sleeve), marks inside jacket W MvO 1954, Motecht door MITN.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM