Nurse text Book-'Lectures for Nurses' - 'Lectures for Nurses'
From the Collection of Alfred Hospital Nurses League-Nursing Archives Old Monash Medical School Building, Ground Floor Alfred Hospital 55 Commercial Road melbourne Victoria
- A small, light blue,fabric covered book.
- width: 12 cm Length: 18.5cm Depth: 2cm
- nurse lecture book. alfred hospital
- The Alfred Hospital commenced a Preliminary Training School in 1933. From 1935, this textbook was a guide for many nurse teaching hospitals in Australia.
- early 1930's
- Australasian Medical Publishing company Ltd (Maker)
- This book is significant as it efficiently assisted teaches and nurses. Before it was created, nurses took hand written notes at lecture periods or used roneoed doctors lectures.
- The book is titled ' Lectures for Nurses'.
The book was written by G. N. Burbidge and printed in 1935.She was a tutor sister at Alfred Hospital. She has autographed the book.The book was presented to her in 1954 to Sister Headberry who was also a tutor sister.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:10AM