Photograph of Enkhuizen harbour entrance
From the Collection of Dutch Australian Heritage Centre Victoria 60 Rosstown Road Carnegie Victoria
- Photograph of harbour entrance of Enkhuizen on chipboard (sides blackened). A cord for hanging has been stapled to the back.
- 985x332mm high
- enkhuizen voc port medieval
- The picture is of the habour of Enkhuizen. Enkhuizen is is an old harbour city which has much of the atmosphere of a port city some centuries ago.
- Enkhuizen was one of the harbours used by the VOC (Dutch East Indies Company) as home port. With the closing off of the former Zuiderzee (South Sea), now called IJsselmeer, in the late 1930's, it lost its direct connection with the sea and became more or less a museum of the past.
- A sticker on the back says J.Kosnar Pty Ltd.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM