c1917 it became fashionable to give residences a 'name' . Mr August Reitman attached this metal nameplate to the Cottage.when he began leasing the property. The Reitman family purchased the property in 1935 and resided there until 1953 . The property was sold to Lewis Timber Co . c1970. William Reitman, the son of August, donated the sign to the CMHS c1984 during the reconstruction of the pioneer cottage in Joyce Park ,Ormond.
An unknown pioneer built the Cottage c1840 then William Box purchased it 1868 and his family resided there until it was leased to August Reitman in 1917. August placed this nameplate on the Cottage c1917. William Reitman, the son of August donated the sign to CMHS in 1984 when the Cottage was reconstructed in Joyce Park Jasper Road Ormond
The original metal name plate attached to Box Cottage c1917 by August Reitman when he and his wife began renting the property.
Inscriptions & markings