Suitcase from Mason Day Frecker
From the Collection of B-24 Liberator Memorial Restoration Australia Inc Corner Farm Rd & Princes Highway Werribee Victoria
- Worn dark suitcase belonging to Mason Day Frekker, strong cardboard covered with 'leatherette', metal fasteners on front, with carry handle. Suitcase contains Flying Log Book RAAF, Wedding Photo, National Archives Record Search Mason Day Frecker, Distinguished Flying Medal Register WW2 x 3, Papers on Medals and Victorian Ground Crew Numbers, Files 1 - 2 - 3 - Photographs, Leaflets, Pilots' Notes, Maps - Germany (28 maps), Buttons and badges and other medals.
- 52 cm x 27 cm x 13 cm (deep)
- b24 liberator bomber, world war ii, raaf pilot, world war ii aerial photographs, a22.00
- Suitcase issued to aircraft captains or crew by RAAF during World War II. The contents of M D Frecker's suitcase include World War II medals awarded to the owner, photographs, maps, pilots' handbooks, language dictionaries (Malay, Pidgin, Japanese), propaganda leaflets dropped by Japanese.
- Has historical and social significance, also research significance. Provenance known, owner piloted B-24 Liberator bombers and General Blamey's personal aircraft; item was donated by son. Great interpretive potential.
- "RAAF/402653/Frecker/M.D." on top surface, "M.D.F." on front surface under handle.
- 4 Jan 2018 at 3:04PM